|Donabe-steamed Matcha (Green Tea) Cake|
- Get Mushi Nabe ready and steaming.
- Sift together the flour, matcha powder, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the butter and heavy cream. Add the salt and whisk further until all the ingredients are well blended and smooth.
- Line the mold with parchment paper and pour the batter. Smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Set the mold in steaming Mushi Nabe. Cover with lid and steam for 13-15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in to the cake comes out clean, over medium-high heat. Turn off the heat and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Remove the mold from Mushi Nabe. Once the cake has cooled down enough to handle, remove the cake from the mold. Slice and serve. You can enjoy the cake while it's still warm or after it's completely cooled down.
The recipe is also available on toiro kitchen's website.
Happy donabe life.